British Canoeing 4* Sea Kayak Training
The IOW is the only place in the South and South East where you can do this course without spending half the day driving to different venues across the South; the IOW has it all, and within minutes of our base. We have surf beaches, rocky coastlines, great rock hopping and caves, and we also have open crossings to develop your tidal planning ability and rough water to play around in. The best bit is we have lots of them, so if the weather is not so good, or is to good, we can go somewhere else equally as ideal.
Take a look at this recommendation of one of our BCU 4 star sea training courses.
This course will spend time looking at equipment, different types of boat and the paddle skills needed to lead groups out on the open sea.
You will look at leadership styles and techniques that will enable you to become a confident leader in the moderate water environment.
You will spend your time on the water doing whatever the conditions permit; it may be surfing, rock hopping or off around to the Needles.
Whatever you do it will be an adventure in a stunning location, with great equipment and extremily competent, and highly qualified coaches who are there to ensure that you are both safe and having fun.
You can choose to use our top of the range Sea Kayaks or you can bring your own if it is suitable.
Your coach will structure your course so as you get the most possible during your time on the water. You’ll be enjoying your time out on the water in an awesome environment traveling to places only accessible by kayak or having fun in the surf.
|COURSE LOCATION||Freshwater, IOW|
|START TIME||Please arrive by 9.20 AM for a prompt start at 9:30 AM.|
|FINISH TIME||Approximately 6:30 PM on each day|
|COURSE DIRECTOR||Owen Burson|
Can’t see the dates you’re looking for? We’ll put another one on for you…
- BC Coastal Navigation & Tidal Planning Course – We usually run a CNTP course the day before our 4* training courses.
- BC 3 Star Sea Kayak Award.
- Experience beyond the BC 3* award is recommended – you will get the most out of the course if you have a range of sea kayak trips in different environments and have observed a sea kayak leader working.
- Great accommodation and a social atmosphere conducive to a fun learning environment.
- Whatever the outcome, you’ll come away having had a positive experience and having learnt lots from the assessment team and from the other candidates.
- Expert modelling by an experienced and competent sea kayak leader.
- Personal written action plan to guide you beyond the British Canoeing 4* Sea Training towards Assessment.
- Input in addition to and beyond the syllabus from expert coaches with a long history of paddling, coaching guiding and training other coaches and assessors.